Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dogs

I know it has been a while since my last post. My deepest and most sincere apologies go out the millions of readers who so willingly sacrifice their time to enjoy my blog.

While on delivery last Wednesday night I entered an apartment building. When I entered I saw a small dog (a pug to be exact) staring at me. His owner's door was open on the ground floor right inside of the entrance. I took note of it and continued up the stairs to the family two large cheese pizzas and a chicken parmigiana sub was addressed to. I knocked on the door a couple times then had a weird feeling someone was watching me. I turned around to look at the bottom of the stairs and there was the Pug, its two front feet on the bottom step, its back feet on the floor staring cross-eyed at me at the top of the stairs. Strange? I think so. They answered the door, we made the transaction and I proceeded down the stairs only to find the ugly little gremlin was still staring at me in the same doorway

Dogs always make for good stories when delivering pizzas. Sometimes they are happy to see me, jumping all over me while I try to balance hot pizzas in one hand a bag full of subs in the other. Or they get really pissed off when I get there, like the Akita (basically the meanest dog known to mankind) who would have wanted nothing better to rip his leash from the tree he was attached to and drive his mandibles into my skin, like a cheetah mauling an innocent antelope on the plains of Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment