Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kids

Delivering pizza to kids always makes for a good story. Kids lose their little minds when the "pizza-man" comes to their house. I'm pretty sure the mailman or the UPS man aren't as revered as I, the "pizza-man."

 This past friday I delivered to a house and the lady opened the door but forgot her money. As I was awkwardly waiting in the doorway with hot pizza in my arms I see a little boy (maybe 5 or 6) walk into the hallway. I assumed it was her son. The look he gave me was priceless, his face lit up as if he saw Santa Claus delivering his gifts early Christmas morning. "Hey buddy," I said to him with a little smile as he ran and hid behind his mother. "Go sit at the table," the lady said to her son and the boy immediately replies "can I take my shirt off at the table?" I laughed out loud because first of all it seemed like a very bizarre question to ask, and second of all it sounded like he's asked this before. "No you can keep your shirt on at the table," she snapped back at the boy, obviously annoyed, but I thought this was freaking hilarious.

Once I pulled into a driveway and saw a bunch of kids jumping on a trampoline in their backyard. The minute I grabbed the pizzas out of the hot-bag in my backseat the kids froze and straightened up like meerkats on Meerkat Manor. Once the pizzas were in their view they freaked out, jumped off of the trampoline and tore through the yard into the house.

Often children call me "pizza-man", "pizza-boy", "pizza-guy", "pizza-delivery guy" but its ok. As long as these kids keep me smiling (compared to the rude adults I deal with) they can call me whatever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment