Thursday, November 18, 2010

Middle-Man

In the world of delivery pizza, the driver could be considered the "middle-man." We deliver the cooked food from the store to the consumer, kind of like a drug-runner. I once arrived at a house that was clearly inhabited by scummy people (I don't judge). I admit I was late, however we were busy and I drove there as fast as I could. "Its about time," said the fat woman who greeted me at the door with a sour look on her pock-marked face and a lit menthol ciggarette hanging from her lips. "I'm very sorry about the wait ma'am," I replied as politely as possible even though I would have rather punched her fat face in. She did not respond as I gave her the food and she gave me the money (without a tip may I add). The food was piping hot as I gave it to her and she still was not happy. She lived literally a mile away from the pizzeria and she was complaining about the food being late. I feel as if customers sacrifice a lot of things by getting food delivered to their homes. For example, we give a delivery charge and it is not required to tip your driver but it is highly recommended. If you complain about the price of the food and giving a tip (because I make under minimum wage like a waiter or waitress), or the wait don't complain to me. I didn't make the prices I am just the middle-man, it isn't my fault that I could not see the numbers on your mailbox or your front door and when I called five times to find your house you never picked up. If your food is cold it isn't my fault, I put everything in a hot bag and if you really wanted I could show you. I am just the middle-man, thats all.  If you are really that lazy not to get up off of your ass and drive 10 minutes to get your food don't friggin complain.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say bro this is good stuff! I especially love the women funny stuff man.

    Troy

    ReplyDelete